Covers

Sunday, October 23, 2011

BP: NaNoWriMo Edition




1. Sum up your novel in five words, or less.
Teen girl builds time machine.

2. Novel title?
How Stuff Works or Tick Tock. It really has yet to be decided.

3. Sum up your main character(s) in one word.
Passionate.

4. Advice for newbies in three words?
Stop for school. 
(education is important)

5. Tell us about your secondary characters, how do they affect the story?
They all affect the story in different ways. Cirilie can't know all their thoughts and wants and they'll do things she wished they hadn't. They give Cirilie reasons to stay, reasons to leave, reasons to destroy and reasons to fix. They're super important, but I don't want to get into specifics. 

6. Do you plan on staying up till midnight on the 31st?
Don't you mean the 30th? Thirty days has September, April, June, and November. Anyway, I most likely will stay up, even though I have school the next day. 

7. How many years have you done NaNo?
This is my second, but the first year I'm going to take it seriously.

8. What came first, characters, or plot idea?
Plot. I was reading a lot of steampunk, chocablock full of metal, and I thought  what if there was no metal? Or at least some kind of ban or restriction? But I wanted an MC from this time so the difference between the two worlds would be more noticeable and you could see how it'd affect the people of today. So, she gets a time machine! Actually, she builds it herself, which is pretty awesome for a seventeen year old. 

9. How much prep do you do before November?
I'm kinda winging it. I mean, I've got a two paragraph long outline of sorts with the basic order of the big events. I know what my MC is like, how she'll react to different things, her weaknesses (boys, haha) and her strengths. I'm doing this, too. The question thing. 
I don't want to prep too much, otherwise the magic is lost, but if I don't do anything it all crumbles to bits before me.

10. Now be honest, how do you really feel about NaNo?
I think it's hard, but it'll be worth it if I do win it. I'm worried about how it'll affect my grades and my sleeping and my social life and work. I'm determined to win it this year. I think Lindsey and Chris are freakin' geniuses. 

1 comment:

  1. Cool questionnaire! As a new follower, I feel as if I know you (or at least your writing) pretty well now. I wish you lots of luck with NaNo!

    ReplyDelete